Krista M. Runte
Krista concentrates her practice on civil litigation, with an emphasis on complex commercial, probate, trust, family, and employment disputes. She leverages her broad experience across federal and state courts to secure favorable results for her clients.
A double Gator, Krista completed undergrad and law school at the University of Florida. During law school, Krista served as the Executive Symposium Editor of the Florida Law Review and interned with United States Magistrate Judge, Gary R. Jones, of the Northern District of Florida. Following law school, Krista completed a federal clerkship with Senior United States District Judge, G. Kendall Sharp, of the Middle District of Florida.
Krista and her husband, Corey, live in Melbourne Beach. Krista demonstrates her commitment to the community by proudly serving on the Board of Directors for Junior Achievement of the Space Coast and through her involvement with various charitable organizations including Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Florida.
- The University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D. (cum laude)
- The University of Florida, B.S. (cum laude)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Professional Association & Memberships:
- Junior Achievement of the Space Coast
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Florida
- Leadership Brevard, Class of 2019
- Florida Blue Key
- The Florida Bar
- Brevard County Bar Association
- Krista MacKay, Note, The Rise of Systematic Pre-Execution Delay: Proposing a Solution to Decades on Death Row, 68 FLA. L. REV. 1163 (2016).