Adam M. Bird
Although Adam has experience in many general litigation matters, his practice is focused primarily on corporate and commercial litigation, including contract disputes, real property and real estate litigation, residential and commercial landlord-tenant matters, labor and employment issues and other legal issues facing both individuals and business organizations. Additionally, Adam also has substantial experience in admiralty and maritime litigation, insurance and insurance defense matters and appellate cases. Adam has appeared in state and federal courts throughout Florida on a variety of litigation matters, and he is currently privileged to serve as General Counsel for the Orlando Melbourne International Airport as well as the Titusville-Cocoa Airport Authority.
In addition to his general corporate and commercial practice, Adam also practices family law and particularly those dissolution matters involving corporate ownership and other sophisticated financial issues where Adam’s corporate litigation experience provides an advantage.
Adam was born and raised in Melbourne, Florida, where he attended high school at Florida Air Academy. After graduating first in his class in 2001, Adam was awarded the National Merit Scholarship and was accepted into the Honors Program at the University of Florida. Adam studied in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and graduated in 2005 with a B.A. in History. He was then accepted into the Levin College of Law at the University of Florida, where he received his juris doctor, cum laude, in 2008.
After graduating law school, Adam practiced for more than 11 years in the Litigation Department of the Melbourne Office of one of the largest law firms in Florida. While there, Adam represented clients in various types of litigation focusing primarily on corporate and commercial litigation.
Adam and his wife, Amy, are life-long Brevard County residents and have two beautiful children, Aiden and Isabelle. Adam believes strongly in giving back to the community in which he has lived his entire life, and in his free time, Adam serves on a number of community organizations working to improve the quality of life here in Brevard. Adam also enjoys spending time with his family, going to the beach and participating in outdoor activities.
- University of Florida, B.A. (2005)
- National Merit Scholarship
- Honors Program
- Golden Key
- Dean's List
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D. (cum laude, 2008)
- Frederick W. and Grace P. Brecht Scholarship
- American Bar Association, Law Student Division
- Dean's List
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
Professional Association & Memberships:
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Brevard County Bar Association
- Florida Airports Council
- Airports Council International – North America
- Defense Research Institute – Former Member
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association – Former Member
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute – Former Member
Awards & Recognitions:
- AV Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2017-2018
- SpaceCoast BUSINESS Under Forty, 2019
- LEAD Brevard, '4 Under 40' Finalist, 2016, 2017
- Space Coast Health Foundation – Board Member and Finance Committee Chair
- Brevard Zoo – Board Member and Aquarium Task Force Member
- The M.O.R.G.A.N. Project – Advisory Committee and Former Board Member
- South Brevard Sharing Center – Legal Advisor and Former Board Member
- Viera Suntree Little League – Assistant Coach, 2019-20
- LEAD Brevard – Leadership Brevard – Class of 2011