Amanda G. Smith
Amanda’s practice is devoted to estate planning and elder law, including guardianship litigation and administration, fiduciary litigation, trust and probate litigation, and trust and probate administration. She regularly represents beneficiaries, professional and lay guardians, trustees, alleged incapacitated persons, personal representatives and other fiduciaries in both routine and contested matters across central Florida, and is also experienced in estate and trust administration.
Amanda’s clients rely on her in-depth knowledge of the complex issues involved in elder and fiduciary litigation and administration, and appreciate her experience in navigating the sensitive and often emotionally-charged nature of these matters. Amanda also assists her clients in developing and accomplishing their estate planning goals, including the preparation of wills, health care proxies, durable general powers of attorney and trusts for a variety of needs.
Amanda was born and raised in Brevard County. After graduating from Merritt Island High School, she attended Emory University. Upon graduation, Amanda went on to earn her law degree, cum laude, from Florida State University College of Law. Amanda immediately returned home to Brevard County and practiced for many years at one of the largest law firms in Florida. Amanda brings her civil litigation background to her successful elder and fiduciary administration, litigation, and estate planning practice. She and her husband, Graham, live on Merritt Island with their two young daughters, Elle and Kate.
- Emory University, B.A.
- Dean’s list
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D. (cum laude)
- Dean’s list
- Moot Court Vice President
- Best Brief Award, UNC Chapel Hill School of Law Craven Constitutional Law Competition
- Champion, George Washington University School of Law National Religious Freedom Competition
- William VanDercreek Award
- Managing Editor, Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section Member
- Elder Law Section Member
- Brevard County Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Member
- Brevard County Estate Planning Council Member
- Vassar B. Carlton American Inn of Court, (past)
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2017-2020
- Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce Business Champion of the Month, May 2016
- Community Foundation for Brevard
- Vice Chair
- Georgianna United Methodist Church
- Staff Parish Relations
- Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Legal counsel (past)
- Junior Achievement of the Space Coast Volunteer (past)
- LEAD Brevard, Class of 2014