Grant was born and raised in Titusville, Florida, where he attended Titusville High School. While in high school, Grant attended Eastern Florida State College and earned an Associate in Arts degree simultaneously with his high school diploma in 2015. Grant went on to study at the University of Central Florida where he played on the club baseball team and graduated with a Finance degree in 2018. He was then accepted into the Florida State University College of Law where received his juris doctor, magna cum laude, in 2021.
While in law school, Grant worked as a law clerk for two of the largest firms in Florida, a well-renowned local firm in Tallahassee, FL, and as a legislative intern for the Florida House of Representatives’ Commerce Committee where he drafted bill analyses for new insurance and banking laws. Grant was also a teaching assistant and designated mentor for first year law students.
In addition to giving back to the community in his free time, Grant enjoys keeping up with his favorite sports teams, listening to podcasts, and engaging in outdoor activities.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D.
- Magna Cum Laude, Top 6% of Class
- Business Law Certificate with high honors
- Law Review Notes and Comments Editor
- Business Review Staff Editor
- Moot Court Treasurer
- Teaching Assistant for Legal Research and Writing
- Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award
- University of Central Florida, B.S.B.A. Finance
- Eastern Florida State College, Associate in Arts
- Order of the Coif – Florida State University Chapter
- National Space Society Legal Fellows – Senior Cohort
- LifeTeen Catholic Youth Group Leader (2018 to present)
- Stephen M. Hogan & Grant M. Haas, To 1099 or Not to 1099: That is the Question (For Insurance Companies), Vol. 37, No.1 FLA. BAR TAX SEC. BULLETIN 7, 7-10 (Summer 2020).
- Grant M. Haas, Covid-19’s Careless Whisper: The Timely Resurgence of the Caremark Standard, 21 FLA. ST. U. BUS. REV. (forthcoming, 2022).