Theodore L. Shinkle
Ted is trial lawyer who practices primarily in the areas of maritime law, personal injury, and employment discrimination defense. He is board certified by the Florida Bar in Admiralty and Maritime Law. During his career, Ted has represented ship owners, cruise lines, dredging companies, yacht owners, small boat owners, marine insurance companies and lending institutions in a wide variety of maritime litigation cases.
Ted regularly represents employers in employment discrimination and retaliation cases, including cases brought under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Florida Civil Rights Act, and other state and federal employment laws. Ted has over 34 years of experience in both federal and state courts and has tried dozens of jury cases.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Miami University, 1983
- University of Miami School of Law, 1986
- The Florida Bar
- Brevard County Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States, Proctor Member
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Barracuda, LLC v. GEICO Marine Insurance Company, __ F.Supp.3d __, 2020 WL 3603495 (M.D. Fla. Jun. 2, 2020)
- Orange County v. McLean, __ So.3d __, 2020 WL 1482193 (Fla. 5th DCA Mar. 27, 2020).
- GEICO Marine Insurance Company v. Shackleford, 945 F.3d 1135 (11th Cir. 2019).
- GEICO Marine Insurance Company v. Baron, 426 F.Supp.3d 1263 (M.D. Fla. 2019).
- Branch Banking & Trust Co. of Virginia v. M/Y Beowulf, 883 F.Supp.2d 1199 (S.D. Fla. 2012).
- Sterling Casino Lines, L.P. v. Plowman-Render, 902 So.2d 938 (Fla. 5th DCA 2005).
- American Dredging Co. v. Lambert, 81 F.3d 127 (11th Cir. 1996).
- Nadeau v. Costley, 634 So.2d 649 (Fla. 4th DCA 1994).
- Conversational Spanish